Organise Group Work
Create a group with a mix of children or young people. Work in a small group to increase your confidence. Have discussions, play games to get to know each other, do creative work and meet other young people!
- Try to make things happen, rather than changing things.
- Let young people lead the group, they can generate their own knowledge and conclusions. It helps to have an adult in the room if extra support is wanted.
- Give everyone the opportunity to do some tasks.
- You can achieve something you really want if you share your opinions, reach a mutual understanding, show initiative and learn things one by one.
- Alternate role playing and discussion.
- Work out who will coordinate the group and decide on some rules.
Keep in mind that you can also have fun while you are talking about important things!