Get support from adults and the community
You can get support from your facilitators, from trusted friends. Go to the adults and present your project idea and listen to their advice. Ask for support from the whole family, other young people, the neighbourhood, youth workers, headmasters and teachers.
- Present clear aims and show how we want to achieve them.
- Show them the benefits of what we are doing and what we have achieved.
- Media companies can help us create films or radio shows about our chosen issues. Community support centres can organise events. Youth workers can give advice.
- Don’t expect everyone to listen, if some people don’t see a problem or want to change. But people change their minds if you explain.
- Work in your group to choose the best way to involve other people.